In taking pictures, light plays a huge role.

For instance, I usually took pictures in the daytime in order to have clear and vivid colorings and to capture the mood of freshness. Most of the pictures for events such as graduation, weddings, or any other big events take pictures outside during the day thus be able to capture the moment with a bright atmosphere. Yet taking pictures couldn’t be always set as perfectly unless renting a studio with the lightings and reflectors. To solve this issue, I tried to apply what I have learned from the youtube video.
In my last post, I shared about the difference in ISO and the mechanism of it when it takes pictures. Because I took pictures during the day last time, I tried to capture the night view and scenery this week where I had to change my ISO by adjusting the amount of light given from the surroundings.

My camera can set the ISO until 3200 which means it is good to take pictures at night. In fact, I took these pictures after the sunset but I was able to capture some lights from the surroundings.

These pictures were taken near the ‘Han-river’ which is a very long river that runs from one end to the other end of Seoul. There are a lot of bridges for cars and pedestrians to go across and have several parks to jog and play sports. At night, lots of people come out to the benches and open field to drink cans of beer (because it is legal to drink outside here in Korea 🙂 ) and hang out with their friends. This place is like an escape place for city people living along with the concrete buildings and apartments. Great location to take pictures and take some rest. 😄