As I have been practicing taking pictures with different lightings outside, I wanted to move my environment indoors. The biggest difference between indoors and outside is the amount of light that the camera can hold. Regardless of the weather, indoor shooting differs by the brightness of strength of light bulbs and of course, the number of light bulbs.

While I have been brainstorming which would be a good place to take pictures indoors with a sufficient amount of light, I decided to visit IKEA showrooms! With amazing displays of furniture, they provide different lightings using table stands, lamps, chandeliers, and etc. Perfect studio for indoor shooting!

Here are the pictures I took.

With the dark wallpapers of the room, the lights tend to get more absorbed rather than reflecting. Therefore, setting the ISO setting higher helps to set the mood. The atmosphere looks warmer and cozier with this setting. On the other hand, with a bright background, even there are limited lightings with stand lights and lamps, it already creates a bright vibe. Therefore setting ISO lower creates an appropriate amount of lights. Because there is various furniture, it is difficult to set the focal point in one spot. However, it already the entire view shows the collaboration between different objects and allows the views to be able to read the mood easily.

I also liked the matching of different shapes of furniture. The designers concerned about how the curving or straight-shaped furniture match with each other to express different themes of the rooms.

P.S. Ikea is a great place to spend tons of money, watch out!