Learning about how to set the focal point gives depth to the picture. Even though the outcome of the photography is 2 dimensional, you can create a lively picture by putting depth inside. One of the simple ways is to set a focal point. In the following video, the YouTuber shared a difference in the lens and how the outcome differs depending on the camera and the depth of the lens.

In my camera, there is a setting for the focusing where I can do it manually or automatically. It is easier to take with the automatic setting but sometimes it does not create very deep depth or focuses on the other object rather than my intention. Therefore, I took some pictures with manual focus.

When we take picture of an object, having deep focus gives emphasis on the item. For example, items of clothing, portraits, foods are mainly taken with focusing thus the viewers can concentrate on the object rather than the backgrounds.

By learning some techniques, it is fun to slowly improving my photography skill! 😆