Last Friday, we have engaging and actively participated in the class with Valerie and Luke. Last Tuesday, our cohort had a meeting where we got to catch up with the professors and the dean of our department. It was informative in terms of knowing how my other classmates are doing and feeling about our program. To be honest, I was overwhelmed with tons of assignments, presentations, papers, and exams. I was worried if I was the only one who is having difficulty catching up with all the due dates. It was relieving and comforting to hear how everyone is on the same page and we are all in this together. I had a mental breakdown a few weeks ago when I had to struggle with all the work and felt like I couldn’t do it. I was afraid to start projects because it was all new and was not sure if I am doing it right.

With the time difference, taking classes on time for me is quite challenging for me as well. Most of the classes begin at 3~6am and at one point, I had to have a presentation at 4 in the morning. I was not sure if I did it right but was happy that I got over it. Our cohort is very supportive and open to help each other which makes me feel so lucky. Nobody tries to sneak out of the situation but throw themselves to support and give hands to others. I appreciate it so much. As well as the professors, they have been flexible with the due date of our works. In this EDCI 336, Valerie and Luke have given us flexibility on the blog post and free inquiry project. I appreciate all the effort and consideration of the professors and support for us to learn a lot and gain more knowledge from the lessons.